Recipe by AZRT
Yum ! This is a great way to use up left over chicken. Although, its good enough to cook some up just for this. I love the brie in this, it gets just slightly melty and with the roasted tomatoes-sheer bliss. Tastes decadent, but is actually healthy, and low cal
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- French bread, cut in half horizontally
- 3 ounces brie cheese, sliced
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes; cook 4 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Sprinkle tomatoes with thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Wrap handle of pan with foil; bake at 300° for 15 minutes. Keep warm.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over top half of bread loaf. Spoon tomatoes evenly over bottom half of loaf. Arrange Brie over tomatoes; top with chicken. Combine 2 teaspoons oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, tossing gently to coat. Top chicken with spinach mixture; replace top half of bread. Cut loaf into 6 pieces.