Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a 1999 runner-up recipe from Southern Living, courtesy of Mary Lou Cook. I did make this, and it is a wonderful, flavorful dish. Instead of serving as an appetizer, I served it for a light lunch for two. You will love that salsa. Prep time includes letting the salsa sit for 1 hour.
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 green onions, minced and divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) candiced green chilies, drained
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 8 ounces brie cheese, trimmed and diced
- Stir together first 6 ingredients, with 1/4 cup green onions, and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Stir together remaining green onions, cilantro, chicken and green chiles.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on a large baking sheet greased with cooking spray.
- Top evenly with cheese, chicken mixture, and remaining tortillas, pressing down slightly.
- Bake at 425ºF for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into wedges, and serve immediately with salsa.
- Freeze remaining chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, if desired.