Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from the local newspaper.
Make and share this Chicken and Bow Ties recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta, about 5 oz (farfalle)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Stir fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add stewed tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Break up tomatoes into bite size pieces. Reduce heat and simmer gently to reduce liquid. Add pasta and stir to coat pasta.
- Divide into 4 serving bowls or dishes; sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.