Tender chicken tossed in a sun dried tomato wine cream sauce. This elegant and delicious pasta has become one of our favorite pastas! Easy enough for the every day cook and special enough to serve at a dinner party.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional parmesan cheese
- additional chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken, basil and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- Add chicken broth, dried tomatoes and white wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Stir in whipping cream and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese; simmer 2 minutes more.
- Stir pasta into chicken mixture. Heat through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and additional parmesan cheese.
Very good chicken dish! I made exactly as directed except I used some left over chicken. Mild as written and we added extra hot pepper flakes. This was quick and easy and we enjoyed it. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
This was good but just not to my family's liking. Everyone ate it but no one asked for seconds. No one asked for it to be made again either. It was a good recipe that I'm sure others would enjoy. Made for Fall PAC 2007.
This is elegant and easy!! I used 1 cup 1/2 and 1/2 instead of the whipping cream because we tend like more sauce, and had great results. The word at my dinner table was MAKE THIS AGAIN SOON! Thanks Laura for sharing.