1/1 Photo of Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta
Laura Bodine's Note:
Tender chicken tossed in a sun dried tomato wine cream sauce. This elegant and delicious pasta has become one of our favorite pastas! Easy enough for the every day cook and special enough to serve at a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- additional parmesan cheese
- additional chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add chicken, basil and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until browned.
- 3Add chicken broth, dried tomatoes and white wine. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- 4Stir in whipping cream and the 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese; simmer 2 minutes more.
- 5Stir pasta into chicken mixture. Heat through.
- 6Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and additional parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.7
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 371.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 36.4 g