Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by nicoleingermantown
My family loved this dish, including the picky eaters. I cooked my chicken in the crock pot the day before, chopped it and added it to the rest of the ingredients. I used the broth from the crock pot (fat skimmed) for the broth. I used the full fat Velveeta, but the 98 % fat free soup. It was very creamy! Thanks!
- 1 quart water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water (throw in some salt) to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken and cook 12 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from water using a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to water; cook 10 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm.
- Heat 1/4 cup broth over med-high heat in a Dutch oven.
- Add in celery and onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken, soup, cheese, and remaining 3/4 cup broth; continue stirring until cheese is melted.
- Toss with pasta and serve immediately.