Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is based loosely on Amanda Beth's amazing soup for the crockpot (recipe 96467).
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 diced onion
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 0.5 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup corn
- 14 ounces water
- 1 chicken flavored bullion cube (prefer low-sodium)
- Heat oil in large pot.
- add diced chicken.
- sprinkle cumin, garlic, pepper on top of chicken and stir until chicken is cooked through.
- add onion and bell pepper, saute briefly.
- add 1/2 can of diced tomato with chiles (I freeze the other half for another day), beans (drained), water, bullion and corn.
- simmer for 20 minutes.
I've been wanting to try this for a while. I used half chicken and half ham (left over from Easter!) It's light with a hint of heat. Nice with a salad and crispy bread! made for Spring PAC 2013
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I had precooked chicken in the freezer, so I used that. I topped with cheddar cheese before serving. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
A nice, tasty soup. Has a nice "kick" to it. I had it with corn muffins, mushed up with the soup in my bowl! A keeper!