Colorful, tasty and healthy. I received this recipe on a post card a few years ago.
Make and share this Chicken and Black Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn or 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- Combine dressing ingredients. Stir well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together beans, corn, red pepper and onions.
- Arrange lettuce on individual plates; top with black bean mixture and chicken strips.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Very tasty, but a little bland. I decided just poaching chicken and throwing it in would be boring so I did this for the chicken: Cilantro Chicken which I think helped a lot. I also added 1/2 cup green onions but kept feeling like red would have been better. I didn't have just romaine so I used a "spring greens" mix that had romaine and several other types of lettuce in it. My cherry tomatoes are just starting to ripen so I added what I had right off the vine! Mmm!! I will definitely do this again! However I think next time I'll use red instead of green onions and maybe a little more chili powder.
This had a wonderful flavor and was filling enough for a full meal. I think next time I will use less ranch dressing, as it was a little runny. But otherwise a great tasting dish.
We thought this was great. I made it slightly different than called for. I cubed my chicken and then stirfryed in a tsp of olive oil with a sprinkle of chilli powder and a dash of lime juice. Then I added the pepper strips and scallions. Then I made the salad and dressing as stated. Very good combo. I will use this recipe often in the summer for leftover grilled chicken.