Recipe by Engrossed
Colorful, tasty and healthy. I received this recipe on a post card a few years ago.
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
Very tasty, but a little bland. I decided just poaching chicken and throwing it in would be boring so I did this for the chicken: Recipe #181195 which I think helped a lot. I also added 1/2 cup green onions but kept feeling like red would have been better. I didn't have just romaine so I used a "spring greens" mix that had romaine and several other types of lettuce in it. My cherry tomatoes are just starting to ripen so I added what I had right off the vine! Mmm!! I will definitely do this again! However I think next time I'll use red instead of green onions and maybe a little more chili powder.
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn or 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 medium red sweet bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips