Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was great! It reminded me of Jack-in-the-Box pitas. I used frozen pre-cooked diced chicken from the grocery store. It worked fine. Also, if you have someone who doesn't like onions, onion powder is fine to substitute.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken meat, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita bread, sandwich breads
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet combine onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add corn, beans and chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Drain mixture and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except pitas. Mix well.
- Stuff pitas with mixture.
- Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream. MMMMM!
Prepared for PAC 2009. This were very nice. Easy to put together and perfect for a light lunch. The flavors were very nice, although I might have added a bit more kick to it. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this and will certainly make again. Thanks!
DH and I had these for lunch yesterday and we really enjoyed them! They were very easy to prepare. Thanks for the great recipe!