Recipe by Chef corella
This was great! It reminded me of Jack-in-the-Box pitas. I used frozen pre-cooked diced chicken from the grocery store. It worked fine. Also, if you have someone who doesn't like onions, onion powder is fine to substitute.
Top Review by rbrynsaas
Prepared for PAC 2009. This were very nice. Easy to put together and perfect for a light lunch. The flavors were very nice, although I might have added a bit more kick to it. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this and will certainly make again. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken meat, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita bread, sandwich breads
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet combine onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add corn, beans and chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Drain mixture and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except pitas. Mix well.
- Stuff pitas with mixture.
- Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream. MMMMM!