Chef corella's Note:
This was great! It reminded me of Jack-in-the-Box pitas. I used frozen pre-cooked diced chicken from the grocery store. It worked fine. Also, if you have someone who doesn't like onions, onion powder is fine to substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken meat, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita bread, sandwich breads
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet combine onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add corn, beans and chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- 3Drain mixture and cool slightly.
- 4In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except pitas. Mix well.
- 5Stuff pitas with mixture.
- 6Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Serve with salsa and sour cream. MMMMM!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Black Bean Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: