Chef corella's Note:
This was great! It reminded me of Jack-in-the-Box pitas. I used frozen pre-cooked diced chicken from the grocery store. It worked fine. Also, if you have someone who doesn't like onions, onion powder is fine to substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken meat, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita bread, sandwich breads
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet combine onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add corn, beans and chicken and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- 3Drain mixture and cool slightly.
- 4In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except pitas. Mix well.
- 5Stuff pitas with mixture.
- 6Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Serve with salsa and sour cream. MMMMM!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Black Bean Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: