Recipe by Id-do-the-cookin
picky palate website! This is one of our family favorite recipes. Have most everything on hand and can be ready in a jiffy!
Top Review by Nevdiliel
This recipe deserves a review! It's simple, delicious, makes a lot and goes far. I bet one could play around with the meat to rice to beans ratio as well. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken, and I bet it would taste really good with ground beef or turkey as well. In fact, I have some defrosted ground beef in my fridge right now. =) I like to add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne for added flavor, and it tastes awesome served with sour cream and salsa. I don't always have olives and find it's okay to skip them. I may add some diced bell pepper this time around, sounds delicious. Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) canmild green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mccormick gourmet roasted ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place chicken, enchilada sauce, olives, tomatoes, sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Pour cooked rice into prepared baking dish and layer beans on top of rice. Pour chicken mixture over rice and top evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is melted and rice is hot.