Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my new favorite enchilada recipes that I got from a friend of mine. My husband likes the filling so much he eats it with tortilla chips as a dip. Also freezes well!
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried black beans
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 4 cups cheddar jack cheese with bell peppers
- 1 (20 ounce) can enchilada sauce (large size)
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce (small size)
- whole wheat tortilla
- In skillet mix chicken, onion, garlic, and chilies until warmed. Add 2 packages of taco seasoning and water per directions on the package. Add black beans. Mix well and heat thoroughly. Add 2 cups of cheese.
- Spoon 1/4-1/2 cup of meat mixture into each tortilla and roll, folding in ends. Place lengthwise into a 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.Cover with enchilada sauce and remaining 2 cups of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.