Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy to make and a definite family pleaser.
Make and share this Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas recipe from Food.com.
- Julienne chicken.
- Saute bacon until crisp, reserving 2 Tbsp drippings.
- Saute chicken and garlic in drippings until chicken is opaque. Add 1/2 cup picante sauce, beans, red bell pepper, cumin and salt. Simmer 7-8 minutes, until thick.
- Stir in green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 Tbsp cheese. Roll up and place in baking dish.
- Top with remaining 1 cup picante sauce. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake 3 minutes more. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -.
This is a really good recipe. I did make some changes for a few reasons. I used canned chicken breasts because I was trying to test to see if this would be easy enough to make while camping. I still cooked it in the pan with garlic it just didnt cook as long. I doubled the garlic.. we are garlic fans round here. I used green enchilada sauce in lieu od picante sauce. I like it better. I also mixed in a few tablespoons of sour creme in with the 1/2 cup enchilada sauce to make it more like chicken sour cream enchiladas. I also, based off another enchilada recipe I had my eye on spread the bottom of my baking sheet with a small layer of sour cream before placing the enchiladas in the pan. Next time I make this I am omitting the red bell peppers... I ended up picking them out and my husbands wasnt a fan of them either... I will probably put in diced onion in with the chicken and garlic in lieu of red bell pepper. We are also big fans of onion around here! ;)
Hopping on the bandwagon... these are some tasty enchiladas! I subbed regular onions for green and upped the garlic, but didn't add any cheese inside the enchiladas (I didn't have enough, and I figured it would be lower-calorie that way anyway.) I like a creamy enchilada, so I worried these would be dry, but they tasted divine. The little bit of bacon gave these a great flavor. Thanks! This will go in my recipe rotation.
This was a great recipe! I've made it a couple of times now and both times everyone really enjoyed them!