Recipe by Amanda Beth
As you can tell by looking at my recipes, we love black beans. We really like soup too! This is delicious! Great for a cold day. Recipe from "America's Best Slow Cooker Recipes." Cooking time is if you cook soup on Low.
Top Review by zaar junkie
This turned out to be a great meal. I did change it up a bit due to laziness and what I had on hand. I did not cook anything ahead of time, just put everything in the crockpot. I omitted the corn as we don't really care for it and used tomato sauce and extra salsa for the diced tomatoes. I was worried because I forgot the seasonings! but it turned out great anyway!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 (19 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 2 cups mild salsa or 2 cups hot salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt