Recipe by KDSCOMOX
This is from Food Works! by Kira Neumann. It's a super one dish meal that cheap, easy and soooo good! It makes a super large portion, so use the largest skillet you have.
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 small red chilies (I usually omit these)
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 (8 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 (8 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -2 lime
- 2 yellow peppers, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes and saute in olive oil.
- Chop the onion, cilantro stalks (save the leaves for garnish), chili's and garlic in a food processor. Add to the chicken and saute until soft. Add the tomatoes, beans, and all the spices and honey.
- Simmer 30-40 minute
- Add the lime juice and yellow pepper just before serving. Heat through. Serve with plain yogurt and fresh cilantro.