Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created this recipe from a variety of burrito recipes I had and just omited what my family doesn't like, and added what we do. I do not add additional spices because the spanish rice has plenty in it for me. If you prefer you can just serve the refried beans on the side rather than on the inside of each individual burrito or change whatever you like.(If I use smaller Tortilas I just serve it on the side) Either way, it still tastes great!
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups boneless cooked chicken, Shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (you may serve on the side if desired)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (Or use Mexican Blend)
- 1 medium tomatoes (Diced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 12 (6 -7 inch) tortillas (or larger)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Pour Rice mix into medium saucepan, with 2 Cups water and bring rice to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until rice is tender.
- When rice is finished cooking pour into a bowl and combine with refried beans (if not serving on the side), 1 cup of cheese and tomatoes.
- Lay tortillas out flat and layer thinly on side closest to you the chicken, rice mixture and black beans.
- Fold over ends and roll up tortillas tightly.
- Repeat until you use all of the tortillas and ingredients.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray (Or use a nonstick pan) and Place burritos side by side, in the pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350' for 20-25 Minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer burritos to serving plates and top with a dallop of sour cream before serving.