Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
For days when there are not enough hours in the day. These burritos make a great last minute supper. You can also pack and freeze them all in one big dish or wrap them up seperately for individual portions for during the week. Great for a mexican style dinner!
Top Review by Nose
Fabulous. I had some chicken already cooked and shredded, so I used that and reduced the cooking time a bit here. Next time I might try adding some Mexican oregano to the filling, but it was delicious as written.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (Seeded and minced)
- 1 sweet red pepper (Chopped)
- 19 ounces black beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; fry onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until softened, about 3 minute.
- Add chicken, jalapeno, red pepper, beans and salsa; cook, stirring, until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 minute
- Let cool.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the filling down centre of each tortilla; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of the cheese. Fold in bottom edge, then sides; roll up.
- Place, seam down, in greased 13x9 inch glass backing dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Back in 400 degree oven until golden and hot, and cheese is melted, about 15 minute
- Serve with sour cream.
- If baking from frozen, loosely cover dish with foil, and bake in a 400 degree oven until golden and hot, about 25-30 minute.