Recipe by Hollyism
I haven't tried this yet, but was looking for something like it on Recipezaar and couldn't find it so I thought I'd post it. I got this from the Pillsbury website.
- 2 (18 5/8 ounce) cansrich & hearty Progresso chicken pot pie soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F In 3-quart saucepan, stir together soups, thyme leaves and pepper. Stir in vegetables and chicken. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just begins to boil. Reduce heat; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer. Pour into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Cut biscuits into fourths and place around outside edges of baking dish over hot chicken mixture.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and baked through.
- Note: After trying this recipe I found that the biscuits were a bit mushy and undercooked on the bottom. I suggest baking the biscuits through first and then topping the casserole with them.