Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy comfort food.
Make and share this Chicken and Biscuit Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 large celery rib, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups rotisserie cooked chicken, chopped in to bite-size chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagelarge-size refrigerated biscuits (the flaky kind)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, mushrooms, and celery; stir/saute for about 4 minutes or until mushrooms begins to loose their juices and celery softens.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the chicken, broth, soup, peas and carrots, poultry seasoning, and pepper; bring to a simmer; cook for 4 minutes and stir often.
- Wrap skillet handle in foil if it is not ovenproof.
- Divide the buiscuits into 12-equal pieces.
- Place biscuits over the filling (place close enough to each other so the sides touch).
- Brush the biscuit tops with milk; sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes OR until the biscuit tops are golden brown.
This recipe is so easy to throw together and a great way to use up extra chicken from the night before. All my kids think this is a great dinner and that say's alot! I have 3 kid's ages 3 and 2(2 are 3) and they are pretty picky. Thanks for such a tasty meal.