Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have been making this chicken casserole for ages...it is such a favorite in my house, and requested often..it is a great way to use up any leftover chicken (or turkey too)...very simple to prepare, just what I like....if desired you could mix up the first 6 ingredients in the morning, or the night before, refrigerate and bake it for supper the next day.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned green beans, drained or 1 cup mixed vegetables (or both)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or 1 cup canned mushroom
- 1 cup shredded American cheese, i use velveeta
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit (Pillsbury is good)
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 2-qt baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken, chicken soup, green beans, mushrooms, cheese and mayo.
- Heat until hot and bubbling.
- Pour the hot mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Separate biscuits and arrange over the chicken mixture.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs over the biscuits.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the bicuits are golden brown, and casserole is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Note frozen veggies are good also, just run under hot water to thaw, then squeeze out excess water before adding to casserole.
This was last night's supper and we both enjoyed it. I had to add some roast chicken gravy(about 1 cup), otherwise it would have been way too thick. I used some left-over roasted veggies(peppers, carrots, parsnips, and onions)and a handful of frozen and thawed peas. Loved the use of melted butter and bread crumbs on the biscuit tops---such a nice addition. will definitely make this again, thanks for sharing it!