Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good! I got this from Mastercook II, a recipe CD-rom. The recipe ingredients didn't say whether to chop or slice the bell pepper, so I sliced into strips. I hope you will enjoy this.
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 1 whole red pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Split chicken breasts in half. Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet. Brown chicken breasts in butter. Remove to a shallow, covered baking dish.
- Saute peppers until limp. Add to chicken.
- Add wine to skillet and cook for a minute, scraping bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon.
- Remove skillet from heat, add herbs to wine, and pour over chicken.
- Cover baking dish. Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes, basting once or twice during cooking.