In My Tummy!'s Note:
I have recently discovered Beets. I have never had anything quite like them and I just can't get enough of them! I wanted something with pasta and my new favorite food, and I came up with this. It's such a beautiful dish too. My guests oohed and ahhed (even the ones who didn't like beets loved it!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the Chicken Breasts in Salt and Pepper.
- 2Boil a salted pot of water for the pasta.
- 3Heat Olive Oil in a skillet. Sautee the chopped red onion until it is translucent.
- 4Add garlic and Chicken Breasts to the hot oil and cook the Chicken on medium-high heat until the juices run clear.
- 5Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
- 6Add the White Wine, and bring to a simmer. Make sure and stir all the yummy juices and white wine together. Meanwhile slice (if you haven't already) the beets.
- 7Add the beets to the skillet and continue to simmer for another 3 minutes.
- 8Add the Pasta to the boiling water. By the time the pasta is done, so should the rest of your meal!
- 9Cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. (About 1" squares).
- 10Add the chicken and cook with the beet mixture for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken has warmed.
- 11Drain the pasta. (If it isn't ready yet, don't worry. Your chicken will continue to simmer, and will continue to incorporate the flavors from the skillet and will be just fine until the pasta is done!).
- 12Portion pasta out in bowls and top with the chicken and beet mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Beet Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 95.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 25.6 g