Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This recipe was created by an ol' friend. I asked he how she came up with it and she said, 'I put all my favorite things together and this was the result". WOW is all I have to say!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted in a dry skillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, one half per person, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (chardonnay)
- 1 bunch asparagus, clean and trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, plain, drained
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced, drained
- 1 cup bearnaise sauce, ie.Knoor package
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 12 -16 ounces fresh spinach linguine or 12 -16 ounces black pepper linguine, cooked to package directions
- 1Warm skillet, toast pine nuts in a dry skillet until golden brown. Watch closely taking care not to burn. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool.
- 2Prep all your ingredients.
- 3Cut chicken into 1" cubes or bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4In the mean time, start boiling water for pasta, add salt to the water and boil pasta until al dente,per package directions.
- 5Warm skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, sautee for 1 minute. To same skillet, add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- 6Add asparagus, sliced mushrooms, artichoke hearts and wine to the skillet and steam through until crispy tender.
- 7Meanwhile: In a small sauce pan, make bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Pour over chicken medley. If the sauce is too thick, add more white wine. Top with toasted pine nuts, olives. Warm through.
- 8Serve over pasta and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Bearnaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 515.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 48.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: