1/1 Photo of Chicken and Bean Tacos
7 hrs 15 mins
A great crock pot recipe that I adapted from Pillsbury.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 (4 5/8 ounce) packages taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1Add chicken thighs to a 4 quart slow cooker.
- 2Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- 3Sprinkle chopped chiles on top of chicken.
- 4In a bowl, add tomato sauce, cumin, and coriander seed; stir to combine.
- 5Pour mixture over the top of the chicken.
- 6Top with beans.
- 7Cover, cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- 8Remove chicken from crock pot and set aside.
- 9Mash beans with a potato masher (Doesn't have to be perfectly smooth, we like some chunks of beans).
- 10Shred chicken and return to slow cooker; stir to mix well.
- 11To assemble taco: spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken filling into each taco shell; then add 1 tablespoon cheese and lettuce, then add 2 teaspoons sour cream and salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Bean Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 482.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g