Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A great crock pot recipe that I adapted from Pillsbury.
Make and share this Chicken and Bean Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 (4 5/8 ounce) packages taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- Add chicken thighs to a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle chopped chiles on top of chicken.
- In a bowl, add tomato sauce, cumin, and coriander seed; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Top with beans.
- Cover, cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and set aside.
- Mash beans with a potato masher (Doesn't have to be perfectly smooth, we like some chunks of beans).
- Shred chicken and return to slow cooker; stir to mix well.
- To assemble taco: spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken filling into each taco shell; then add 1 tablespoon cheese and lettuce, then add 2 teaspoons sour cream and salsa.
this was really good. my dh said it is a definite repeat; he isn't a huge fan of the multitude of creamy chicken recipes. ;) i didn't have cannellini beans but looked it up and read great northern beans can be used instead. they were a good substitute- i didn't put them in until the very end b/c they are already a soft bean. i also added a little salsa (the chicken was getting a little dry) and lime (had it on hand). thanks for the recipe!
This was excellent! I used chicken breasts because I'm not a huge fan of dark meat !
These Chicken and Bean Tacos were excellent. The crock pot chicken is juicy and so full of flavor. The next time this recipe is made, I will add more chicken so I have plenty left-over chicken to enjoy. Also, I really liked the mashed cannellini beans so I will be adding 2 cans next time. I think pinto beans would also be good in this recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.