Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Better Homes and Gardens
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesrefrigerated low-fat alfredo sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, undrained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- fresh parsley leaves, for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Brown chicken, half at a time, in hot oil.
- Place chicken in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce, drained beans, broth, onion, chili peppers, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or on HIGH for2-2 1/2 hours; taste for seasoning and adjust.
- Serve in soup bowls; sprinkle cheese and parsley on top.
I've made this a couple times now and have enjoyed it each time. Enough spice/flavor to keep it interesting, but not so spicy that my 6 y.o. was overwhelmed. Making it again this month!