Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy one pot meal. It can easily be spiced up with a bit of chilli. Other vegetables that work well are carrots and broad beans.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 chicken breasts (in small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 4 ounces green beans
- 4 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- Fry off onions and garlic fow 3 mins gently. Do not brown.
- Add the cubed chicken and when that's lightly browned add the paprika and fry that off for a couple of minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, the tinned tomatoes and the stock. Cook very gently for about 30-40 mins till meat is tender.
- Add mushrooms, green beans, and canellini beans and cook till they're warmed through as well.
- Lovely with rice and garlic bread. You can substitute pork in place of the chicken.