Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from a BHG recipe.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 6 slices bacon, cut up
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (31 ounce) cans pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, saute chicken, bacon, and onion until chicken is no longer pink; drain off all fat.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a 4-quart crock-pot.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.
Super good tasty dinner! I used one can of baked beans in ham sauce and a can of butter beans as I was only serving two. Also didn't have any ground chicken so I used a finely chopped chicken breast. Fantastic flavour. I served this with steamed broccoli.