Recipe by Hey Jude
This is my adaptation of another good basil recipe from Sunset magazine. I serve this over jasmine rice.
Top Review by mmhartnagel
This was very good! I did add some onions, red and yellow bell peppers, and green beans. I doubled the broth mixture to accomodate my additions. And like PaulaG I added extra garlic!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into 1/8-inch thick strips, 2 to 3 inches long.
- Place a nonstick frying pan or wok over high heat.
- When hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes and chicken.
- Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in the center 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix broth, fish sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to pan and stir until sauce is boiling, about 1 minute.
- Add basil leaves and stir just until barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Add salt to taste and pour into a serving bowl.