Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast and very tasty stir-fry from Sunset magazine.
Make and share this Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth (fat-skimmed)
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Cut crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips 2 to 3 inches long.
- Place a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- When hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, chili flakes and the chicken.
- Stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken broth, fish sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to pan and stir until sauce is boiling, about 1 minute.
- Add basil leaves and stir just until barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Add salt to taste and pour into a serving bowl.