This is a fast and very tasty stir-fry from Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 2/3 cup chicken broth (fat-skimmed)
- 1 tablespoon asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- 2Cut crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips 2 to 3 inches long.
- 3Place a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- 4When hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, chili flakes and the chicken.
- 5Stir until chicken is no longer pink in the center (cut to test), 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, mix chicken broth, fish sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
- 7Add to pan and stir until sauce is boiling, about 1 minute.
- 8Add basil leaves and stir just until barely wilted, about 30 seconds.
- 9Add salt to taste and pour into a serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 733.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot chili flakes