Fresh herbs are the key to this dish, and thanks to those handy herb packets in grocery stores I'm no longer limited to serving this in summer. It's perfect for when you're entertaining company. Serve with a green salad, your favorite veggie and some rice for a wonderful, impressive meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Mix 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 T. Dijon mustard and 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives together. Set aside.
- 5Chop chives and basil separately.
- 6Pound chicken breasts to uniform 1/2 inch thickness. (This is easily done by putting them one at a time into a plastic bag and whacking them with a rolling pin, the side of a meat mallet or something equally heavy and smooth-surfaced.).
- 7Take one chicken breast and sprinkle some chopped basil on top. Season with salt and pepper. Roll up and secure with toothpick or cooking twine.
- 8Repeat with each remaining chicken breast.
- 9Mix 1/3 cup plain yogurt and 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard together. Pour onto a plate.
- 10Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together. Pour onto a separate plate.
- 11Roll each roulade in yogurt mixture on plate and then roll in bread crumbs.
- 12Place roulades in baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter.
- 13Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. REMOVE TOOTHPICKS!
- 14Serve with a dollop of sauce on the side.
- 15NOTE: I've never tried this without fresh herbs, but I can't imagine the flavor being nearly as yummy. ALSO, use fresh parmesan cheese -- not the stuff in the can.
- 16For low-carb dieters substitute ground pork rinds for the bread crumbs. You won't notice the difference.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Basil Roulades With Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.7 mg
- Sodium 953.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 65.0 g