1/5 Photos of Chicken and Basil-Pepper Cream Sauce
Dr. Jenny's Note:
I got this recipe long ago from another site and DH and I have made this many times over the years. It has a really nice creamy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces shaped pasta (radiatore or rotini)
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, drained
- 3/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until just tender. Drain well.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp of oil until hot, but not smoking over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring until browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the skillet. Add the roasted peppers and garlic, and cook, stirring, until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk, basil, salt, and black pepper and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 7Transfer the mixture to a food processor and process to a smooth puree.
- 8In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk with the cornstarch.
- 9Return the basil-pepper puree to the skillet along with the chicken and cornstarch mixture.
- 10Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook, stirring, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- 11Toss the sauce with the hot pasta. Sprinkle parmesan over and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Basil-Pepper Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 1479.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 34.8 g