Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Each serving is only 3 WW Points. Great summer salad or nice to take to your next potluck.
Make and share this Chicken and Basil Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces packaged dried corkscrew macaroni (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small zucchini or 1 small summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-calorie Italian dressing or 2⁄3 cup clear fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, except omit any oil and use 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Drain pasta.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Drain pasta again.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1 pieces.
- Coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked macaroni, chicken, tomatoes, zucchini or summer squash, and green onions.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at last 2 hours or up to 6 hours.
- Toss salad before serving.