Recipe by xtine
A creamy casserole, good for winter nights. You can substitute regular milk for the evaporated milk if you like.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup, then whisk in the evaporated milk.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until it is fragrant.
- Add the onions, barley, and chicken to the soup mixture, stirring well to combine.
- Pour into the greased baking dish and top with the cheese.
- Bake, covered, at 350º for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.