Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
272 5 star ratings over at Allrecipes, posted by Angie. Hands down, the BEST kabobs I have ever had.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 10 large mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filets cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, canola oil, and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- You can marinate overnight, but only do the mushrooms for an hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushroom halves and pineapple chunks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.
Yummy! These turned out better then I expected. Put marinade in blender to make sure honey was mixed in well and added some pineapple juice to the marinade. Smelled wonderful while being grilled! Skipped the mushrooms and green onions (used onion poweder) and used red bell peppers! Thankis for posting
Forgot the green onions and bacon but followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it was fantastic! Used boneless chicken thighs (more tender and flavorful than breast meat, I think), marinated overnight and grilled over low heat. Also added squash, sweet peppers and sweet onions to the skewers. Family and friends raved about this! This is a keeper for my cookbook.
Loved it. Used green pepper, onion and pineappple. heated up the grill to hot and then lowered to low when we cooked them. Best at 4 minutes per side (4 sides). Bacon makes everythng delicious! Great marinade