Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
From a feature in our local paper. I have based cooking time on having to cook the sandwich in 2 batches.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (150 grams whole-egg)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chives (chopped)
- 1 cup chicken (160 grams cooked and shredded)
- butter (for spreading)
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 slices smoked cheddar cheese
- Place the bacon under a preheated hot grill (broiler) and cook for 1-2 minutes or until crispy.
- Place the maonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, chives and chicken in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Spread both sides of the bread with butter.
- Divide cheese and chicken mixture between 4 slices of bread and sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over low heat and cook the sandwiches in batches in necessary for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden the cheese is melted.
Like other reviewers, I cut the mayo quantity in half. I also used leftover turkey instead of chicken. I used a sourdough baguette which made nice little sandwiches, and an aged white cheddar. These were SO good!!!
Though I cut back on the mayonnaise made as written. Very delightful lunch for us as we enjoyed these . Great recipe. Made for Holiday tag..
I really liked this. Next time I will cut down the mayo and maybe a bit of lemon juice because it was too runny. I might even sub in some cream cheese. YUM.