1/2 Photos of Chicken and Baby Corn Soup
This is a clear, light soup that has elements of Spanish flavor, mixed with a touch of Asia. It is wonderful for a starter or perfect for a light lunch. It is my adaptation of a Paragon Press recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 1/2 ounces baby corn, sliced (canned)
- 7 ounces corn kernels (canned)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Cholula
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Clean chicken breast, then cut lengthwise into four strips. Thinly slice strips across the grain.
- 2In a large saucepan or stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat, until almost smoking, and then add chicken, stirring constantly. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3Add the scallions, bell pepper, and garlic, and cook, stirring, 2-3 more minutes.
- 4Add the baby corn and stock and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes.
- 5Add the corn kernels and hot sauce, and continue to cook about 5-7 more minutes.
- 6Blend the sherry and cornstarch and add to the soup. Add the tomatoes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- 7Just before serving, add the saffron threads, allowing them to dissolve for a few minutes. Then stir in the cilantro and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Baby Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 838.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 18.5 g