Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family and friends love this recipe, it's easy to make and very tasty,I like to eat it over rice with hot naan bread. It's delicious.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons curry paste (Patak's is very good)
- 3 teaspoons sultanas
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 14 ounces canned or cooked baby corn, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons instant potato flakes
- Coat chicken with curry powder.
- Heat oil in wok or deep frying pan, add chicken and brown.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Keeping juices in pan add wine, peppers and onion, saute until almost tender,add garlic and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in saltanas, red pepper powder and curry paste and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken, coconut milk and baby corn, bring to boil (stir when needed) then simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle in potatoe flakes and stir to thicken,simmer for 5 minites then serve.
What a delicious, savory recipe! The ulitmate comfort food for me! I used a mixture of two different curries (Indian Chef Gold Medal Curry & Bolst's Hot Curry Powder) along with a bit of Garam Masala. I like to gently heat these spices together with a bit of oil for about 5 minutes before adding the other ingredients, just to help release the flavors. I used 2 onions (as we are onion lovers), but other then that I made this recipe as directed. I served it with my Oven Baked White Rice recipe #109716, using Basamati. Thank you for posting this recipe, I know I will make this again and again!