1/7 Photos of Chicken and Avocado Panini Sandwiches
Vicki in CT's Note:
The tastes of summer are terrific in this quick fix meal. You do NOT need a panini press for this sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, chopped (jarred variety)
- salt and pepper
- 2 pieces naan bread (or can use tortillas or any other bread)
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 cooked chicken breast half, sliced thin (I usually used left over grilled or smoked)
- 3 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced (I use half-light by Cabot)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Heat panini press to medium. (Or can grill on skillet or George Foreman).
- 2Peel and remove pit of avocado. Coarsely mash avocado in bowl using fork (leave some chunks). Add lemon juice and stir. Stir in onion, cilantro, chopped jalapeños, and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Spread thin layer of mayo on bread slices.
- 4Assemble sandwich by layering onto bread sliced jack cheese, chicken, bacon, avocado mixture, and grated cheddar. Top with remaining slice of bread.
- 5Grill until heated through and crispy on the outside. If using Naan bread, slice into six triangles. (If using other bread/tortilla, cut according to size of sandwich).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Avocado Panini Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.8
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 423.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese