Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and very easy recipe for a dinner or lunch party, served with a crisp green tossed salad and a glass of your favourite white wine! I make this dish during both winter AND summer, and has proved very popular amongst many of our friends! I have not included the time it takes to make the crepes in the Preparation time given, though they don't take VERY long to make.
FOR THE CREPES
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
FOR THE FILLING
- 300 -400 g diced cooked chicken
- 2 avocados, ripe but firm
FOR THE SAUCE
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup light sour cream (or real cream if you're not too concerned about the calories!!)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125 g grated romano cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the CREPE ingredients together and make the crepes in the usual way.
- Recipe should make 10-12 crepes.
- Peel the avocados, remove the stones and cut into cubes.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Mix together gently, the avocado and diced chicken.
- Combine the melted butter and flour and make a roux.
- Remove from the heat and stir in a little of the milk AND cream.
- Return to the heat and blend until smooth.
- Repeat this process several times until all the cream is smoothly blended into the roux to make a thick and smooth white sauce.
- Stir in the lemon juice and then the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Pour 1/2 the sauce over the chicken and avocado, and stir to combine.
- Lie the crepes out flat and divide the chicken and avocado mixture/filling evenly among the crepes.
- Spread the filling along one edge of each crepe.
- Roll each crepe up and place firmly side by side in lightly greased baking dish.
- It is at this stage that the crepes and sauce can be covered and refrigerated for a couple of hours until ready to serve.
- Then reheat the sauce over moderate heat and thin down with a little extra cream or milk if too thick.
- Serve the crepes with the sauce poured over the top.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives and a sprig of parsley.
yum, yum, yuum! i made this last night for dinner, and it was great! i had something like this at an expensive resturant and this was even better! i didnt have romane cheese so parmisean worked well too. i bet a mix of sharp cheese would be delish!
I also made my own crepe recipe.I enjoyed the chicken and avocado,but didn't like the sauce at all!!! Next time I'll make it without the sauce.
Oh wow this was yummy. I made my own crepe batter though. The only thing I would change would be to add some fresh basil or parsley, maybe sage to the sauce. Maybe some grilled mushrooms would be nice in the sauce as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe.