Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tasty dish that my wife makes for my birthday. Not to hot, but has just enough heat to let you know it's there.
- 1 cup broad flat green noodles
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peeled, and coarsely chopped fresh chili pepper
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle avocado slices with lime juice and set aside. Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and Tabasco over low heat until mixture bubbles.
- Add half-and-half slowly, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it has melted. Reserve 1 cup of this sauce. Mix remainder with cooked noodles. Place chicken in bottom of a 9-by-l2-by-3-inch rectangular baking dish. Cover with chopped green chiles.
- Spoon noodle mixture over chicken and chiles. Place avocado slices on top and pour reserved sauce over avocados. Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes.