Recipe by HappyMommy1422
It appears that there are a lot of steps to this but this is actually a very simple recipe. I cut it out of the newspaper sometime last year. I half the recipe and take these for lunch over a couple of days (as my husband won't go near asparagus).
Top Review by Rollin in the Dough!
I was just going to post this, you got to it first! LOL, this is a wonderful recipe we enjoy it very much... although I only use 1/4 c cilantro and 1/2 tsp pepper! Yum.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 inch gingerroot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breast halves, cubed
- 8 asparagus spears, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup long-grain rice, cooked according to package instructions
- bottled salsa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together soy sauce, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees; place tortillas in foil-covered oven-proof dish in oven to warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, asparagus, salt and pepper to taste; stir-fry until asparagus has softened and chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; remove from heat.
- Remove warm tortillas from oven.
- Divide rice among tortillas; add chicken-asparagus mixture.
- Drizzle with dressing; roll up tortillas.
- Serve with salsa.