1/1 Photo of Chicken and Asparagus Vol-Au-Vents
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vol-au-vent cases
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (small finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 450 g chicken thigh fillets (trimmed cut into 2cm pieces)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (wholegrain)
- 1/2 cup cream
- cornflour, to thicken (maybe 2 desertspoons)
- 425 g asparagus (tips and cuts, drained)
- 2 teaspoons chives (chopped)
- mixed salad green (to serve)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- 2Line a baking tray with baking paper and place vol-au-vent cases on prepared tray and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and then place vol-au-vents on serving plates.
- 3Meanwhile heat oil in medium frying pan over moderate heat and add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until softened and then add chicken, cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- 4Whisk mustard, cream and cornflour in a small jug until smooth.
- 5Add to pan, cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- 6Add asparagus to chicken mix.
- 7Remove from heat and season and then spoon chicken mix into vol-au-vent cases and sprinkle with chives and serve with salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Asparagus Vol-Au-Vents
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.5 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g