Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Chicken and Asparagus Vol-Au-Vents recipe from Food.com.
- vol-au-vent cases
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 1 brown onion (small finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 450 g chicken thigh fillets (trimmed cut into 2cm pieces)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (wholegrain)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- cornflour, to thicken (maybe 2 desertspoons)
- 425 g asparagus (tips and cuts, drained)
- 2 teaspoons chives (chopped)
- mixed salad green (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place vol-au-vent cases on prepared tray and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp and then place vol-au-vents on serving plates.
- Meanwhile heat oil in medium frying pan over moderate heat and add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until softened and then add chicken, cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Whisk mustard, cream and cornflour in a small jug until smooth.
- Add to pan, cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add asparagus to chicken mix.
- Remove from heat and season and then spoon chicken mix into vol-au-vent cases and sprinkle with chives and serve with salad.
Yum! Wonderfully creamy mix with a combination of flavours that went perfectly with the vol-au-vents. One of those recipes that looks and tastes like you've spent ages on it when it's really quick and easy to put together.