This is a great, easy recipe that I found in "The Best Light Recipe" by Cook's Illustrated. If you like sweeter sauces, I'd suggest adding a little more sugar to the sauce. But it tastes terrific as is! Feel free to use other vegetables or other kinds of meat/tofu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbspn)
- 1 teaspoon oil (vegetable or olive)
- 1/2 lb carrot, chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped and tough ends cut off
- 1Heat 1 tspn of vegetable or olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the chicken, soy sauce, and sherry and cook until lightly browned. Transfer chicken to a bowl.
- 2Add vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender (1 to 5 minutes). If you use other vegetables the cooking time may be more or less.
- 3Add the garlic cloves to the center of the pan and cook until colored and toasty and then mix with the vegetables. Add the chicken back inches.
- 4Mix all the sauce ingredients and add to the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and toss.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry With Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2475.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 33.0 g