Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
Make and share this Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat peanut oil with the two tablespoons of broth in a wok over medium heat. Add the garlic and scallions and saute for a few seconds. Add the chicken pieces and stir fry until opaque, about 5 to 8 minutes. Push the chicken onto the sides of the wok. Add a little more broth if necessary, and add carrot slices. Stir fry about 2 minutes, then add the asparagus and stir fry 3 minutes more. Add water chestnuts and continue to stir fry for another minute. Bring chicken back down and combine all ingredients well.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Add mixture to the wok and stir to coat. Cover and steam for about 2 minutes, then serve.