Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a chicken recipes magazine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1 summer squash, halved crosswise and cut into 1/2-inc slices
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- lemon wedge
- In a large saucepan cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Immediately plunge asparagus in ice water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- In a very large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings from the skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in hot drippings over medium-high heat for 12 minutes or until brown, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add squash to skillet and cook 3 minutes. In a medium bowl whisk together broth, flour and lemon peel. Add to skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened and bubbly. Add chicken and asparagus back to skillet. Cook 6 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink. Chop bacon and sprinkle on top. Serve with lemon wedges.