Recipe by TasteTester
This is good to make during the summer when the freshest asparagus and squash are available at the market.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Good base recipe, but needs some seasonings in my opinion. I added fresh garlic, thyme, and basil. Also added fresh mushrooms, and used boneless skinless chicken breasts. Instead of microwaving the vegetables, I sauted them in the skillet after cooking the meat.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1 small summer squash, halved crosswise & cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut in 2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet cook chicken and bacon over medium-high heat 12 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Carefully add broth; cover and cook 3-5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe 2-quart dish combine asparagus, squash, and 2 tablespoons water. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Cook on 100% power (high) 3-5 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring once. Transfer to plates. Drizzle with cooking liquid; stop with chicken, bacon, and onions.