Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A beautiful and delicious Spring salad.
Make and share this Chicken and Asparagus Salad with Strawberry Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus, 1 inch pieces,steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups european blend salad greens
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced crosswise
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped and toasted walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 5 fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Add lemon juice to a small bowl; dip avocado slices in lemon juice and set the avocado aside.
- In a big salad bowl, add salad greens, asparagus, cucumber, avocado, 1 1/2 cup strawberries, and chicken; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- For dressing: add strawberries and orange juice to a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth; pour puree into a bowl.
- Add remaining dressing ingredients; stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Very yummy! I did add extra vinegar and extra orange juice to the dressing and it was amazing! I used Stevia in place of the sugar with excellent results.
This salad was incredible. A perfect lunch on a warm spring day. I made a few changes. I didn't use the asparagus, I will next time, and I added a little feta cheese. I ate mine on spinach only. So good. When I made the dressing I halved it. It still made alot. I used olive oil, and an entire orange slice instead of the orange juice. I did think it needed alot more balsamic vinegar. I increased it to one tablespoon to be equal to the amount of oil I used. Other than that...this salad was incredible! Thank you for posting it!