Recipe by invictus
From the 2/17/2004 edition of Woman's Day magazine. A quick and easy meal that I adapted to make even easier. It only has three ingredients! You can purchase the already thinly sliced chicken breast which makes this so easy. If you don't you will need to pound the chicken to about 1/4 inch thick or just a bit thinner.
Top Review by Krista Roes
This was good. I cooked the chicken for 30 minutes and it was a tad on the dry side so if your chicken is thin and your oven hot, go for the 25 minutes. I wonder if some cooking spray or olive oil would have kept it more moist. I added ham to the middle as suggested, but it still felt like it needed something. I agree that it makes for an impressive presentation and with a small tweek would be very guest worthy.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends only cut into 2-3 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Simmer asparagus pieces in hot water until tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Lay out the thinly sliced pieces of chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange slices of cheese to within 1/4 inch of the surface of the chicken.
- Divide asparagus pieces among the chicken slices. Starting at the small end begin rolling up the chicken and securing each with several toothpicks.
- Place in baking dish seam side up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Slice if desired.