These are just DE-LICIOUS and a rather nice change from the usual SAUSAGE rolls!! * Once cooked these little treats may be frozen. Or, they can be prepared up to 3 days in advance and be refrigerated.
My Private Note
Ymmy Ch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ready rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 can asparagus, drained or 1/2 cup fresh asparagus, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (, these may be substitued with chopped spring onions)
- 50 g tasty cheese, finely chopped or grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1Cut each pastry sheet into 4 strips, and cut each strip crossways to give 3 rectangles.
- 2Roll each rectangle on lightly floured surface until they measure approximately 3" x 6".
- 3Combine the chicken, asparagus sour cream, chives (or spring onions) and cheese in a bowl.
- 4Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture onto each rolled out pastry rectangle.
- 6Lightly brush the edges with egg and fold in the long sides first before folding in the ends to form'parcels'.
- 7Place pastries seam side down on greased oven trays.
- 8*Shortly before serving, brush each pastry with egg and bake in a moderately hot oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken And Asparagus Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: