Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious and savory meal that is incredibly simple to prepare.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat 1 tbs. oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. toss chicken in flour to coat and add to pan. Cook until browned all over, 5-7 minute When done transfer to plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs. oil to skillet. Add shallots and cook until softened.
- Add asparagus and 1/2 cup of broth. Cover and cook until asparagus is tender, about 3-4 minute When done transfer asparagus and liquid to bowl and set aside.
- Return chicken to skillet and add 1/2 cup broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Cook about 2 minute Remove skillet from heat.
- In a bowl, combine mustard, sour cream and tarragon. Stir into skillet. Return to heat and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Stir in asparagus and it's liquid and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over white rice.
My husband really liked this. I didn't.
This was good, with the unique taste of tarragon (which I love!) But next time I think I will add some garlic and some baby portabello mushrooms to this. I'll probably increase the sauce a little to compensate for the added vegetable. Made this for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
What an amazing recipe!! I modified this recipe for "Make It Healthier" game tag. I used "College Inn" Light and Fat free 50% less sodium chicken broth, and I used fat free sour cream. In step #5 I wilted in 2 cups of spinach. The tarragon in this recipe is critical! I will be making this again.