Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cream of mushroom soup can be used instead of chicken and corn, if liked. Cook this dish just before serving.
- 1 barbecued chicken
- 1 (425 g) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1 (485 g) cancreamy chicken and corn soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to moderate 180 degree C.
- Remove meat from the chicken carcass, discard bones.
- Slice chicken finely.
- Line the base of a large shallow ovenproof dish with chicken, top with half the asparagus.
- Combine soup, sour cream, spring onions and capsicum.
- Season to taste and pour over chicken.
- Arrange remaining asparagus on top of the chicken mixture and cover with the combine cheeses.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30 minutes, until the top is golden and bubling.
- Serve immediately.